Landfill Gas-to-Energy (LFGE) Modeling and Feasibility
Typical Tasks Performed:
A partial listing of recovery feasibility analysis projects includes the following:
- Preliminary site evaluations for LFG recovery
- Extraction testing or static gas testing:
- Portable and trailer-mounted extraction test rigs
- On-site analytical instrumentation
- Computer modeling for forecasting long-term LFG yields
- Market survey for the sale of LFG or LFG-fueled electricity:
- Local utility (avoided cost) rates and interconnection requirements
- Pipeline-quality (high-Btu) price paid by gas company
- Local demand for medium-Btu gas
- Opportunities for waste heat use
- Concept design and cost estimates
- Project pro formas, including capital and O&M costs, revenues, debt service, and debt coverage analysis
Planning, preliminary design, procurement assistance, and construction assistance to develop and implement an LFGE project at the Burlington County Resource Recovery Complex, Mansfield, New Jersey.
Static Gas Test Program, Milford Landfill, Connecticut, and Knito Landfill, Randolph, Massachusetts.
Estimation of Total LFG Yield, Appraisal of LFG Value, Palos Verdes Landfill, Los Angeles, California.
Field Test Program, Evaluation of Alternative LFG End Uses (markets), Toyon Canyon Landfill, Los Angeles, California.
Preparation of Manual for Gas Research Institute, regarding feasibility of LFG recovery/utilization.
Field Test Program, Request for Proposal Preparation, Gude-Southlawn Landfill, Montgomery County, Maryland.
Various Field Test Programs and Market Surveys, Hillsborough Heights Landfill, Hillsborough County, Florida; I-66 Landfill, Fairfax County, Virginia; I-95 Landfill, Lorton, Virginia; Royalton Road Landfill, Cleveland, Ohio; and Onondaga Landfill, Syracuse, New York.